igus® Zero E Solutions… Plug-in Anything, Anywhere
Emissions from vessels running auxiliary diesel engines at berth can be significant contributors to air pollution. As port traffic grows in certain areas, air pollution may also increase. Shore power can be used by marine vessels to plug into the local electricity grid and turn off auxiliary engines while at-dock.
What Is Mobile Shore Power?
How can we meet the challenges of providing shore power connections for all vessels today and tomorrow? Changes in shipping alliances, increasing ship sizes and limitations on construction in existing terminals provide challenges that can not be solved with stationary shore power outlets.
- Flexible, durable, long service life
- Mobile shore power connections for full flexibility
- Slip ring-free cable guidance
- Reliable under the toughest conditions
- Modular cable carriers for the use between crossbar and FSU/FSRU
- Tough with a defined bend radius
- Specific or universal
- Cable guidance systems for fast connection and a wide range of applications
- Stationary or mobile
See Projects in Action and Learn About the Benefits of Shore Power
We have learned a lot of lessons over the years from various shore power projects. Watch videos of our iMSPO prototype and read about how the solution can help your port improve sustainability and adaptability.
Speak with a Shore Power Expert
Interested in learning more about mobile shore power?
Speak with one of our engineering project experts today.